Photobucket

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'll Take it!

Hmm, last time I said two posts in one month I was wrong. This time however, I am victorious! Somehow I'm managing to post even though I'm full of boring info and nothing exciting has happened, or at least nothing has happened that I've documented with pictures and everyone loves pictures...right?! I do. So I'll just add the ones I have and I'll take it. Two posts, one month-impressive.

Leslie had a birthday. I love birthdays. This is her last birthday without a baby. She's 22! Hooray for being born! One day her baby will know how wonderful it is to be born, and Leslie will also learn how beautiful life is (not that she doesn't already). Garrison and I got together to celebrate with Leslie and Brad for a day that was just about Leslie. We had subs from Jimmy Johns (good, but not an east coast sub, sorry Utah). We also went to the Coco Bean Cafe to get 'gourmet' cupcakes (so I wouldn't have to go grocery shopping) and picked up her present from Soel. We got her a pair of TOMS and Soel is a little boutique in Orem (the city/town right next to Provo-where I live) that carries TOMS. We also got her some bright orangish/yellowish gerber daisies (because they're her favourite flowers) and had a nice relaxing night of games and music. She seemed to enjoy it and we enjoyed hosting it. I was happy to be able to provide her with a peaceful birthday.





The TOMS I mentioned are really quite awesome. They're canvas shoes made by the company TOMS it's a company that does a one for one campaign-for every purchase they give a pair of shoes away. They make shoes that you purchase and then give them to a child in need. It's a wonderful company and the shoes are comfortable as well. I actually wrote about them before, because Garrison and I got ours and hiked the Y in them. Yup. THAT comfortable. Leslie really wanted a pair but didn't want to ask her parents for them because she had received a lot of 'presents' for the baby for her birthday (furniture and whatnot) which is understandable. But, it was her last birthday as a single couple (with her hubby but no baby). I figured she should get something she liked/wanted that didn't have to do with the baby. Garrison agreed. So we got her TOMS and she was THRILLED!

Unfortunately, I haven't documented the rest of my life thus far with photographs so I am out of pictures to post, dangit! However, the rest of my comings and goings have been kind of boring (I guess that's why I really only post once a month, because it's less depressing if I do it that way...).

Life is fun. School is invigorating. Utah is warming up (FINALLY!) And, I get to come back to the east coast for EFY!!! WOOHOO!!! I'm thoroughly excited for that.

In other news, Mike Nelson is visiting Utah. Garrison and I hiked the Y with him, I mean..it's Provo, Utah and the Y-what more traditional/touristy thing could we show him?! Mike wasn't hungry after the Y though, so he missed out on J Dawgs. It's only the single most incredible place to get a polish hotdog around here, yes-hotdog. I eat them. At J Dawgs. Surprising, shocking even. I know! Garrison and I treated ourselves after the hike, for Mike-even though he wasn't there. Also, Lexi and I went to the Provo temple on Thursday and it was wonderful. I have three midterms next week then I'm going to California!!! Hooray for weddings! Once I get back it'll already be June. Where does the time go?! Garrison's family is visiting in the beginning of June and then I have finals and moving-then EFY!!! Hopefully I'll be able to post more than once during June/July/August, but I won't make any promises, because I know my track record thus far isn't very promising in the least. Maybe I'll change it. If not. Two posts. One month?! I'll take it!

[Lyrics:...selfless sacrifice for everyone-faith, hope, love, and harmony-I said let this world know me by your love...by your love- josh garrels]


1 comment:

  1. Gotta love TOMS! :) I need a new pair... mine are dingy to the max.
    I've never been to Utah, but the Y sounds like fun :)

    Jealous you get to go to California! I would LOVE to hit the beach.

    ReplyDelete