Photobucket

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

What a week! I still can't believe that it's already Saturday and at the same time that it's only Saturday. I'm almost caught in a time warp of sorts and have been for a few weeks. My days seem to blur together, and I feel [at times] as though the weeks are moving far too fast and the days seem to drag...maybe it's because I'm over 21 now, I'll have to look into that.

In other news, although not very exciting...I am officially a SENIOR! YUP! I've made it. I am a BYU Senior, I have 94 credits with another 15 in process. The word diploma never sounded so real. Not that words can sound 'unreal' but that there are things people say-even in passing-that just never make sense or 'click' until it's personal. For me there are a few of them that have already passed...EFY Counselor (my dream, and it came true!), CTR Teacher (another dream, and check! haha), Teacher, Bridesmaid, Maid of Honor, Best Friend, Fiance, Girlfriend, Date, Temple partner...then there are the ones I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle just yet, such as: Bride, Mom, Bride-to-Be, Mother-to-Be, Soccer Mom, Wife, Aunt, Graduate, Grad Student, Adult, Grandmom (hey, it'll eventually happen). Those are the 'unreal' words that are indeed-REAL. Diploma. WOW. I'm honestly excited and scared. Four years, three Dean's lists, unnumbered papers, countless text books, four universities, and hours of prayer have led up to this moment. I'm still shocked.
BYU has proven itself to be what I expected and I'm still a little disappointed in it's unsurprising commonality. There's one thing, however, that I will laugh about until graduation and that is my ID card. To play a rousing game of catch up my transition to BYU was anything BUT normal. I moved here on January 3rd. School started January 4th. I went to class, purchased books, began homework, and started the semester the DAY after moving to Utah. I had not met with my advisor (after the 31st of October...after getting accepted) nor had I received my ID card to get me into all things campus related (darn, I know!). Needless to say an ID card was not and has not been at the top of my 'to-do' list. Until yesterday. Today, at 4 pm, the BYU Men's Basketball team will be playing against Colorado State. Being a fan of Duke, Georgetown, and of COURSE USU Aggies, I'm not a diehard fan of BYU Basketball (or any BYU sports, really). But I've decided I should really try to be more enthusiastic and give the school a chance, so I'm going to the game (or had made up my mind to go). Turns out that when students go to the game they sit in the student section, novel idea-really. Well, it also turns out that in order to sit in the 'student section' one needs a student ID. crap. Being quick I looked up the ID Office hours, drove over to the Wilk, told them my needs, and they delivered, a nice-new-shiny card with my name and picture on it. SUCCESS. Student ID. check. I signed it and left. While walking back to my car to show off the card that I was justifiably excited about FINALLY attaining...I looked it over and realized that the student ID clerk had accidently printed an employee ID card instead of student. FAIL. So for what it's worth, BYU is very much the idealized version of everything LDS and operational, with the exception of printing it's student ID cards, that could use some work.

Other exciting details of life would include: GETTING CLEARED OF MY ANKLE BRACE! X-Rays and an orthopedic surgeon agree that my tib/fib fracture has been healed and that three weeks of physical therapy will be enough to get me moving the way I used to. WOOHOO! I completed my first assignment (graded/weighted) and aced it! I met up with a LONG LOST friend from EFY FIVE YEARS AGO and went to the Pizza pie shop in Provo called Pier 49. The Jazz beat Cleveland. The Mount Timpanogos Temple is AMAZING! My best friend Amanda is getting married in May. My other best friend is preggo. Mom's book is in printing and I'm a senior!!! Life really is amazing.

I've got to finish a lot of homework and start preparations for tomorrows dinner, luckily Saturday is the day we get ready for Sunday! Life is beautiful, even in Provo.

[lyrics: I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean, whenever one door closes I hope one more opens. Promise me that you'll give faith a FIGHTING chance, and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance...DANCE]

No comments:

Post a Comment